Childcare Grant Program
Calvert Family Advocates (CFA) has been established to assist Calvert County families in achieving self- sufficiency. CFA believes education is a key factor in a parent’s ability to provide for their families and desires to help motivated students for whom the cost of child care is an obstacle to reaching their educational goals.
CFA has established a grant program designed to improve the retention rate of parents pursuing certificate or degree programs at the College of Southern Maryland (CSM). This program will provide funds to supplement child care expenses, enabling parents to attend classes and study. Grant funding will be transferred from CFA to the child care provider for each month the student is enrolled. The student may take courses at any CSM campus, on-line, or both.
• Applicant must reside in Calvert County
• The child care provider must be licensed to operate in the state of Maryland
• Student must meet financial need criteria
• Student must have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file at CSM
• Funding will cease if the student withdraws from classes
To remain eligible for grant funding each semester the student must provide:
• Proof of a passing (2.0) grade point average for most recent semester completed
• Proof of enrollment at CSM for the semester for which the grant funding is being requested
• Updated Section III (Educational Information) of the grant application
Complete the application by typing or printing legibly. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Attach the following supplemental information:
• Most recent official high school or college transcript, or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
• Proof of enrollment at CSM
• Copy of student’s most recent FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR)
Sign and mail the completed application and supplemental information to:
Calvert Family Advocates Child Care Grant Program
P.O. Box 2016
Lusby, Maryland 20657
To download a copy of the Child Care Grant Application Click Here.
To download a flyer Click Here.